All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Share this page:
 Post subject: Marriage Survey
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm 

Ah, my favourite forum.

Just copying and pasting a survey by pinklilac from free minds org. Do use it :)

*General*
-Name? (Feel free to only put in your first name or profile name if you do not feel comfortable answering this)
-Any nicknames?
-Age?

*What are you interested in?*
-Are you interested in a man or a woman?
-What age/age range would you like that person to be?
-What types of qualities are you looking for in a potential partner? (ie, Are you interested in someone who knows how to cook? Do you want someone who is taller than you?) Any personality traits you are interested in?
-Do you want to have a career while you are married, or are you interested in being a stay-at-home mom/dad?
-How many children would you like to have, if at all?

*Religion*
-What are your religious beliefs?
-Do you consider religion to be an important part of your life?
-In terms of a spouse, are you open to differing religious beliefs? If so, to what degree? Or would you ideally like to be with someone who shares the same religious beliefs as you?
~Extra questions for someone who is interested~
(PLEASE NOTE: This is where you can include ANY question you want regarding religious beliefs. This may be extremely important to you if you want to know the other person's opinion about a certain topic. A very good example of this is if you do not believe women should wear the headdress/hijab, and someone you are interested in believes they should. Please think carefully about which questions and topics are important to you in order to get a better understanding of where a potential interest stands regarding them.)

*Personality/About you*
-What are some of your personality traits? Are you funny? Mature? Adventurous? A good listener? Opinionated? Optimistic? Patient? Kind?
-What are some of your faults? (The reason why I included this is because your faults could complement someone's personality. For instance, if you don't tend to stand up for yourself, that could complement someone's personality trait of being encouraging)?
-Do you enjoy travelling? Would you rather go out or do you prefer spending time at home?
-Do you speak a different language?
-What is your cultural background? Do you believe that cultural/racial background matters if you are searching for a spouse, or are you open to inter-cultural/racial marriage?

*Interests/Hobbies*
-What do you like to do? What interests you about these hobbies?
-Do you play any sports?
-What is your favorite genre of music? Any favorite musicians/singers/artists that you like?
-Which genre of music do you dislike?
-Favorite TV shows?
-Favorite movies? Favorite movie genre? (For instance, comedy, romance, horror, mystery, action/adventure, etc)
-Least favorite movie genre?
-Any foods that you like?
-Any foods that you dislike?

*Location*
-Where do you live? (Again, you can give as much detail as you'd like, or just not answer the question at all. Please remember however that location tends to be an important factor for people who are looking for someone to settle down with).
-Would you be willing to move in order to be with your spouse? How far? (i.e. to a nearby state, across the country, or to a different country?)
-Would you rather your spouse move to where you live, or would you move to where they live? Or would you like to settle in a completely different place altogether?
-Ideally, where would you want to live with your spouse?
-Would you want to live in an urban area, suburban, or rural?
-Would you like to own a house one day? Or are you interested in rental?
-What type of residence would you like to live in? For instance, a house, an apartment, a townhome, a ranch etc.
-In realistic terms, what would your dream home be like? (When I say realistic, I mean something that is achievable for you and a spouse. Perhaps you would like a larger home for a large family. Or perhaps you want a home with a big yard if you are interested in gardening or being close to nature.)

*Romance/Relationship Questions*
-Do you believe love is important in a marriage? Why or why not?
-What is your idea of a romantic date with your spouse? (i.e. would you take your spouse to a restaurant, a picnic in the park, a walk on the beach, etc)
-What is your pace when looking for someone to marry? Are you okay with knowing a person for a couple of months before marriage, or do you would you like to know someone for a longer amount of time before considering marriage? (such as a year or a couple of years?)

*Career/Finance*
-Current occupation? (If you are a student, please state that and move on to the next question).
-Does your occupation require you to travel a lot? (This may be important if you want children)
-How happy are you in your occupation? Is it stressful, or do you love what you do? (Unhappiness and stress in a career could spill over into a marriage, which is why this question was included. Likewise, being happy in your career can reduce the amount of stress you feel, which could thus be better for a marriage.)
-What is your work schedule like? Do you work late hours? Only certain days in the week? (This could also be important if you have children)
-What are you majoring in?
-What are your career goals? Where would you like to see yourself (in terms of career or financially) years from now? (i.e. retired, working part-time, etc.)
-Do you make a fairly stable income? Enough to start a family?
-Is income important to you when looking for someone to marry?
-Do you own a house? A car? Do you believe it is important for someone to have these items before marriage? (Some people might view this to be a shallow question, while others may find it to be important. Therefore, you choose if you'd like to include it or not).
-Are you financially responsible?

*Marriage/Parenting*
-Are you looking for someone to marry?
-Do you want to be married in the near future, or in a couple of years?
-If you are a student, are you okay with marrying while you are still in school, or do you want to finish up your education before considering marriage?
-How likely are you to work out an issue? Are you willing to compromise, or do you believe you have the final say?
-Do you believe it is better to be strict with a child or to be trusting and hands-off? What kind of parenting style are you interested in, and what are the benefits of it?
-Are you good with kids?

*Physical*
-What are your opinions on having a physical relationship before marriage? Do you believe all physical affection should be saved for after you are married? (like holding hands for instance)
- What degree of a physical relationship do you think is okay before marriage, if at all? (i.e. holding hands, kissing on the cheek etc., or simply no physical relationship whatsoever).

*Political/Contemporary Topics*
-Do you have any sort of political affiliation? Do you believe this is important to you when looking for a spouse?
-What are your opinions on contemporary topics? (For instance, gender equality, abortion, inter-cultural marriage, etc. PLEASE NOTE: This is, like every other question, completely optional. If you do not wish to answer any part of this question, then feel free to leave it out. However, please remember that others may find your opinion on these issues important.)

*Pets*
-Do you have any pets? Share a little info about them.
-Are there any pets you don't like/would want to have in the house?
-Would you say you are a responsible pet owner? (i.e. do you take care of the pets or does someone else?)
~Questions for potential interests~
-Are you willing to have pets in the house?
-Are you allergic to any animals?

*Family life*
-Describe your relationship with your family. Are you close to them? Is there a lot of tension? Were your parents divorced? Did a parent pass away? (You do not have to answer this if it is a sensitive topic. However, some may feel that seeing how your relationship is with your family is important in determining the importance you place on family.)
-Do you believe it is important to keep up good relations with family? Why or why not?

*Past Relationships*
(Please remember that some people may find this important, whil others may not. If you believe that the following is a non-issue/something that does not matter to you when looking for a partner, then please state that in order to let others know.)
-Have you ever been in a relationship before?
-Have you ever been married before?
-If yes, do you have any children from a previous marriage?
-Do you believe that the above two questions are an important factor in deciding whether or not you would be interested in someone? For example, would you prefer to be with someone who has not ever been married, or is that not an issue for you?

*Health*
(The reason why I included this topic is because people adapt their lifestyles to one another when being married. For instance, you may want someone who is interested in being healthy, as it might inspire you to be healthy as well. Or perhaps you have a health issue, such as diabetes or food allergies, which you want the other person to know so they can understand your diet and what you may or may not be able to eat.)
-Do you consider yourself to be a healthy person? Do you exercise? Eat healthy?
-Do you have any habits that are bad for your health (i.e. smoking, drinking, eating too much junk food, etc.)
-Do you have any illnesses that you would want a spouse to know? For instance, you may be diabetic, or you could be allergic to certain animals or foods.
-Would you be willing to be with someone who has an illness or a disability?
-Are you a vegetarian? A vegan?

The following members gave thanks to TruthSeeker101 for this post:  aqua (Mon May 19, 2014 2:35 am)
 Post subject: Re: Marriage Survey
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

It's a very thorough and relevant questionnaire. I hope people will find it useful. Thanks for sharing.

The following members gave thanks to aqua for this post:  TruthSeeker101 (Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 pm)
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:35 am 
I see you've typed your answer as a separate thread. Those are some serious and deep questions there. Hmm just wondering whether I should fill it out too lol

I have started looking for a spouse and mom's being very helpful Alhamdulillah. Keep me in your Du'as everyone.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:09 pm 

Wow that's effort filling all those questions in lol
All the best to those searching for a potential partner :) My search will probably start after I graduate, or should I start now? hmmm..

The following members gave thanks to StarryNight for this post:  TruthSeeker101 (Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 pm)
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

StarryNight wrote:
Wow that's effort filling all those questions in lol
All the best to those searching for a potential partner :) My search will probably start after I graduate, or should I start now? hmmm..

You can always be on the 'look out' for someone suitable. It's not easy to predict when or where we meet the most suitable partner.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:04 pm 

aqua wrote:
You can always be on the 'look out' for someone suitable. It's not easy to predict when or where we meet the most suitable partner.

Thank you for your advice :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:09 pm 

@ Starrynight

I think your survey would be fun to read. :)

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]