All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Share this page:
 Post subject: Dreams...
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:29 pm 
Hullo everyone :) ermmm I have a question... What does it mean if you're seeing the same dream again and again from months?? Not like everyday but ermmm once in a a week or two..

Logical answers are appreciated :)

P.S. it's not a bad dream but a good one :)

Post subject: Re: Dreams...
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:02 pm 
Peace be upon you.

Firstly what I'd do is not stress myself out trying to interpret it (in the case it's not interpretable), so I ask you not to worry, whether the dream's good or bad. Having dreams in a particular pattern can root from various reasons, one of which (or the commonest one) is when one is concerned over something too deeply and thinks about it often. This reason is all psychological and you can read more somewhere on the net.

So what is to be done about all this? Well, our religion has its recommendations but trying to interpret is not one of them as far as I know. Since you asked for logic, I won't mention what the religion has to say.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:37 pm 
Thank you for replying to my question, brother :) and no, the dream has nothing to do with being concerned over something too deeply and thinking about it often. Neither am I trying to interpret it :) but was just asking, okay, speaking from Islamic point of view now, what would it mean if I keep seeing the same dream often?? Like it keeps coming back. The same thing. Something I'm not even a bit concerned with, nor I ever even think about.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

h.a.aftab wrote:
Hullo everyone :) ermmm I have a question... What does it mean if you're seeing the same dream again and again from months?? Not like everyday but ermmm once in a a week or two..

Logical answers are appreciated :)

P.S. it's not a bad dream but a good one :)

Personally, I believe only Prophets could have the ability to interpret a dream because in the Qur'an, the only example of dream interpretation is by Prophet Joseph (Yusuf) in Chapter 12 (Surah Yusuf). In this Surah, the following verse says that God chose Prophet Yusuf specifically and gave him the ability to interpret dreams, so it is not something anyone can do:

Quote:
Thus your Lord will choose you, and teach you the interpretation of dreams, and perfect His favour on you and on the offspring of Yaqoob (Jacob), as He perfected it on your fathers, Ibrahim (Abraham) and Ishaque (Isaac) before. Indeed, your Lord is All-Knowing, All-Wise. (12:6)

كَذَلِكَ يَجْتَبِيكَ رَبُّكَ وَيُعَلِّمُكَ مِنْ تَأْوِيلِ الأَحَادِيثِ وَيُتِمُّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكَ وَعَلَى آلِ يَعْقُوبَ كَمَا أَتَمَّهَا عَلَى أَبَوَيْكَ مِنْ قَبْلُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْحَاقَ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:44 am 
h.a.aftab wrote:
Thank you for replying to my question, brother :) and no, the dream has nothing to do with being concerned over something too deeply and thinking about it often. Neither am I trying to interpret it :) but was just asking, okay, speaking from Islamic point of view now, what would it mean if I keep seeing the same dream often?? Like it keeps coming back. The same thing. Something I'm not even a bit concerned with, nor I ever even think about.

Ahh something you're not concerned with, hmm. Well lol, what scholars of Islam say is that you can share a good dream with close ones and avoid sharing at all the bad dreams. That's the ruling on sharing, but nothing's been said regarding interpretation specifically other than not to bother about it. I suggest you ask this to a local scholar if possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:47 pm 

Dreams are just a collection of your thoughts that come together in a symbolic way during your sleep. For example if you're worried about something, you might dream that you're swimming with sharks.

Interesting point made by aqua though.

The following members gave thanks to TruthSeeker101 for this post:  aqua (Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:56 pm)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:26 pm 

agree to what Aqua said. not trying to sound silly, but this topic reminded me of a picture my friend showed me few days ago. :D

The following members gave thanks to Reza for this post:  aqua (Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:13 pm)
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]