All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Share this page:
 Post subject: Hello everyone! It's me!
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:13 am 

Hi there! My name is Yuliana. I am 18 years old.
I believe in God, I still pray to God to protect me or heal my sadness but I am not particularly religious (I am not Deist okay because Deists don't believe in prayer) even though I try to live by some Quranic philosophies and values.
I just want to always be a good person (really? :D) and avoid doing immoral/bad things, hurting or troubling others. :)

And I feel quite frustrated because I am not the first to post on here :cry: I should have posted it since the day I created this account :( I feel like I want to bang my head on the wall :D just kidding.
Hehehehe.

I have Sunni parents. Even though my mother is a Sunni, wears headscarf and gets angry when I speak up my views on this veil thingy, she sometimes laughs at those "ninja women" and often says "I don't understand why they have to dress up like that" :lol:
My dad often goes to the mosque to have congregation prayer with his other Sunni buddies. I once looked at his WhatsApp on his phone ;) and I saw 2 groups that he had joined. I read that members of the groups often wrote about Sharia law etc on the groups. I don't think my dad is a Sunni extremist but he once had hit me because I argued with him about those veil stuff. :cry:

I am very opinionated but I am open to other views and I am not stubborn to change my mind but I am still opinionated :D

I think I want to migrate to other country. I do not want to stay here (Malaysia) forever. I have determined since I was in my early teen to leave this country and marry a foreigner. <------ if you can read this. Congratulations!

Sorry. Quite boring introduction.
Have a nice day everyone!
God bless!

diamantinehoneybunch for this post (total 2):  ali399 (Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 pm) • aqua (Mon May 19, 2014 1:33 am)
 Post subject: Re: Hello everyone! It's me!
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Salam and welcome to the forum :)

The following members gave thanks to aqua for this post:  ali399 (Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 pm)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:27 pm 
Peace be upon you sister Yuliana.

Haha that veil "thingy" is what we usually term in our religion as "Hijab" and scarf is a part of it, not its entirety though. Masha Allah good to hear from someone in Malaysia. I love the diversity this forum brings. May Allah grant your wishes in this life.

Welcome to Sparkly Water. We all hope to share a pleasant time seeking Allah's Mercy together. Happy browsing.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:48 am 

diamantinehoneybunch wrote:
I think I want to migrate to other country. I do not want to stay here (Malaysia) forever. I have determined since I was in my early teen to leave this country and marry a foreigner. <------ if you can read this. Congratulations!

Hahaha! Mixed-race marriage all the way! ;) Do you have a specific country in mind which you'd like migrate to?

The following members gave thanks to StarryNight for this post:  ali399 (Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 pm)
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:18 am 

Abid357 wrote:
Peace be upon you sister Yuliana.

Haha that veil "thingy" is what we usually term in our religion as "Hijab" and scarf is a part of it, not its entirety though. Masha Allah good to hear from someone in Malaysia. I love the diversity this forum brings. May Allah grant your wishes in this life.

Welcome to Sparkly Water. We all hope to share a pleasant time seeking Allah's Mercy together. Happy browsing.

The veil thingy is ONLY in Sunni "Islam", the sect that I have left since May 2013 because it gave me depression, tension. (The veil thingy is also in major Shia sect, Ahmadiyya sect).
And please don't teach me like I never know that it is called hijab etc. And the ninja women in my post I meant women who covered up with niqab and abaya. No offence.

I am not happy with being forced to wear the veil. My head is not a nakedness like your sect claims. Women are neither objects of exihibitions, nor jewels / precious stones / candies / lollipops that must be hidden.

I do not mean to be rude. Just do not bring your sect teachings up to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:24 am 

StarryNight wrote:
Hahaha! Mixed-race marriage all the way! ;) Do you have a specific country in mind which you'd like migrate to?

To Europe, maybe a friendly place like England, maybe to Germany, maybe to France.
Yeah mixed-race marriage is cool :D . I want my kids to look exotic :D

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:31 pm 

To Europe, maybe a friendly place like England, maybe to Germany, maybe to France.
Yeah mixed-race marriage is cool :D . I want my kids to look exotic :D

Hahaha! aww! England is a nice but always has dull weather. Mixed-race children are beautiful! :') All children are beautiful, they are just extra beauts! lol I would like to live in morocco or tunisia :)

The following members gave thanks to StarryNight for this post:  ali399 (Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 pm)
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

StarryNight wrote:
lol I would like to live in morocco or tunisia :)

That's interesting. I have been to Morocco, I think a pleasant place with very kind people. Can I ask, what makes you want to live in Morocco or Tunisia?

The following members gave thanks to aqua for this post:  ali399 (Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:32 pm)
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:37 pm 

The veil thingy is ONLY in Sunni "Islam", the sect that I have left since May 2013 because it gave me depression, tension. (The veil thingy is also in major Shia sect, Ahmadiyya sect).
And please don't teach me like I never know that it is called hijab etc. And the ninja women in my post I meant women who covered up with niqab and abaya. No offence.

I am not happy with being forced to wear the veil. My head is not a nakedness like your sect claims. Women are neither objects of exihibitions, nor jewels / precious stones / candies / lollipops that must be hidden.

I do not mean to be rude. Just do not bring your sect teachings up to me.

Nobody is forcing anything upon you, he's just sharing his views and knowledge with you :) It's ok for anyone to express either beliefs, if it's disliked its best just to ignore especially if you have had experience with it before.

May Allah lighten your burdens :)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:44 pm 

aqua wrote:
That's interesting. I have been to Morocco, I think a pleasant place with very kind people. Can I ask, what makes you want to live in Morocco or Tunisia?

I'v never been to the countries unfortunately but many people I know have and their experiences sound amazing. I love Moroccan culture too! The country seem's so peaceful and its beautiful. I'v heard mixed views about the people there lol. The weather is awesome!
Tunisia is just a beautiful country and the weather again, awesome!

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next